|Posted||about 1 month ago|
Davidson Recruitment are currently assisting a large QLD Government client find their next Senior WHS Advisor (AO7 level). This role will involve engaging with senior stakeholders providing expert WHS advice and compliance management on the current WHS systems and processes. This role is a one year temporary contract position, with opportunity to extend.
Please note - this role has a split function between WHS and Compliance.
About the Role
- Manage and maintain the WHS function to meet legislative requirements and recommend best practice standards and governance.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of the WHS Management System and its supporting elements
- Manage and direct the safety activities within the organisation.
- Ensure compliance with WHS legislation, project WHS plans and Safe Work Method Statements.
- Monitor WHS performance against objectives, and initiate enhancement and implement approved corrective actions when required.
- Lead, manage and plan the annual compliance management activities including the schedule of planned audits and undertake unplanned/unscheduled audits as the need arises
- Undertake complex audits for a range of external large-scale construction projects, approve compliance and/or identify non-compliance and provide recommended changes
- Previous experience managing large and complex WHS and compliance functions
- Previous Government experience is highly regarded
- A white card or ability to obtain a white card - as travel to sites may be required
- High attention to detail and ability to work autonomously
- $71.00 p/hour + super - temporary contract rate
- Brisbane CBD location
- 1 year contract! Long term
Applications are being received now and through SEEK.
For further enquiries only, please contact Lara Lovell: Lara.Lovell@davidsonwp.com
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com