Davidson has partnered exclusively with Seqwater to source exceptional candidates for the position of Principal Water Infrastructure Engineer for the Major Projects team.
Seqwater provides water for more than three million people across South East Queensland. As a Queensland Government statutory authority, they also provide irrigation water to 1,200 rural customers in seven water supply schemes and essential flood mitigation services. Operations extend from Gympie to the New South Wales border, and west to the base of the Toowoomba ranges, making Seqwater one of Australia's largest and most exciting water businesses.
Seqwater manages and maintains the South East Queensland Water Grid, including dams, weirs, conventional water treatment plants, reservoirs, pumps, pipelines and climate-resilient water sources, and supplies drinking water to about 53,000 people living in smaller communities that are not connected to the Water Grid.
Seqwater's dams are popular recreation areas, visited by almost 2.7 million people each year.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering and Technical Services in the Major Projects team, you will be responsible for the provision of advice, and overseeing of the design and construction of water treatment, pumping, and pipeline distribution network facilities and infrastructure.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand and interpret the identified service need for each treatment or pipeline project in
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders to develop the technical and design requirements to
- Address the service need and any identified risks and opportunities for the project.
- Translate the technical and design requirements to meet the service need into work breakdown
- Structures and design scopes to allow the engagement of suitable design consultants / partners to
- Progress major projects through Preliminary and Detailed Business Cases to project implementation
- Provide engineering and construction advice on proposed project options to the Major Project Team.
- Liaise with Seqwater internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary engineering inputs from external consultants and contractors to adequately address all identified risks and issues, clearly document the project outcomes and provide all necessary documentation for obtaining project approvals and procurement.
- Support the Manager Engineering and Technical Services in managing time, cost and quality of team deliverables.
- Undertake engineering review as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland for concept, preliminary and detailed design and other relevant engineering documentation including specifications, work plans and schedules.
To be considered for this role, you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and significant, recent experience in the design and construction of pumped systems, water pumping station requirements, control systems, chemical storage and dosing, hydraulics and surge impacts.
- Qualifications in project management will be highly regarded.
- Qualification or the ability to obtain registration as a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland or Chartered Engineer.
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence for a motor vehicle.
- Experienced design manager / civil engineer who has led and coordinated multidisciplinary teams including civil, structural, survey, mechanical, electrical, controls systems and process engineers.
- Understanding of the design progress and the appropriate level of interaction between disciplines at the different design and construction stages.
- High level experience in understanding, interpreting and applying the principles of value engineering, project management and quality management to asset planning.
- Proven high level ability to deliver services, and effectively manage design or construction projects, utilising external professionals, contractors, consultants and partnership arrangements.
- Knowledge of cultural heritage requirements at each project stage and the ability to coordinate with cultural heritage teams.
- Demonstrated experience of the planning and environmental approval requirements at appropriate stages of design for pipelines, storages, Water Treatment Plants.
- Proven ability to prepare high quality planning reports and business cases.
- Proven high level skills in consultation, negotiation and co-ordination, and the ability to work with people at all levels internally and externally.
- High level interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
This is a genuine career opportunity with an organisation embarking on an exciting journey to expand on its position as one of Australia's leading and largest water organisations. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion for delivering organisational performance.
For more information including position description, please see below link:
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047, quoting ref no. JO-2003-99776. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com