About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking an experienced User Experience Specialist for an initial period of 6 months, with a potential extension by another six months. Estimated start date: 20th Apr 2020.
About the Role
As part of a multi-disciplinary product team, reporting to the Product Manager and the team, you will be primarily involved in the planning, management and delivery of a key digital product. You will be responsible for helping build an understanding of users' (industry and government) needs, requirements, limitations and motivations. This will then create actionable insights that guide product design aligned to the product roadmap and goals.
Primarily involved in:
- Providing user-focused services that meet digital standards and contributes to the development and continual enhancement of products and the user experience
- Working closely with the service designer to plan and conduct service design activities, including user research meetings and co-design workshops, stakeholder workshops, prototyping and deliver service design artefacts, such as customer journeys, user share-backs, reports, presentations, concepts, or prototyping
- Delivering high performance results, working with data centre and telecommunications SMEs, driving research activities for whole-of-government initiatives.
- Taking the lead on developing research methods/plans and provide up-to-date, accurate, assumption-free understanding of user feedback
- Leading the team to analyse and synthesise the data, design and test hypotheses, translate data into visual models and communicate findings to product team and stakeholders
- Building an understanding of the product users and their behaviours, informed by advice/recommendations for decision making, strategy, briefing material and development of the product design
- Working closely with the service designer to reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and test and iterate frequently to meet user needs
- Helping shape and build the product solution with responsibility of the product's day-to-day user research program. Ensuring that the product meets user needs and is fit-for-purpose
- Ensuring high quality, actionable insights and opportunities are delivered and communicated appropriately to all relevant stakeholders. This includes drawing on regular user feedback and knowledge and learnings from relevant programs of work
- Leading and coordinating the uplift in user research capability and understanding to deliver services that better meet user needs and service expectations
- Building continual improvements in user research and service design practices across the product team and the agency
- Working with the product manager and service / interactive designers to prioritise work to meet user needs
- Assisting product team in the development of service design plans to ensure user-centred product and project success
Working remotely given the current restrictions. Progressing into office-base location when restrictions are lifted - either Sydney or Canberra.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience as a successful user researcher and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard (DSS)
- Demonstrated experience mapping user feedback in complex service environments in a current and future state, based on insights and findings from user feedback
- Demonstrated proven ability and examples of high-level user research service design advisory to service designer and product manager, to meet user needs and to inform and achieve product roadmap and goals
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the user experience and translate data into actionable findings, used to improve a product service
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Agile tools, including JIRA
- Preferably experience working with a range of federal government stakeholders, including experience in whole of government transformation programs
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline clearance. Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Simone Wilson on 03 9929 9503, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100112.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com