An exciting opportunity in federal government agency seeking User Researcher to start asap.
About the Role
You will work in a multidisciplinary team that includes program lead, service designers, interaction designers, subject matter experts. As the User Researcher, your priorities are to:
- Ensure the identification and prioritisation of the work that benefits users
- Guide teams to adopt inclusive practices and apply what they learn to design and deliver accessible services that work for all users
- Plan and conduct a range of research including contextual enquiry, usability testing, depth interviews, diary studies and other research techniques as relevant
- Work alongside a Service Designer to create life event journey maps
- Provide actionable insights to your team to help enable the design of successful, user-focused services
- Develop and manage strong relationships across the agency and partnership agencies, providing timely, frequent and accurate feedback
- Create design hypotheses to improve the service and work with your team to run alpha experiments and prototype potential solutions
- Design and lead cross-agency workshops
- Provide support to other user researchers within the program and across the agency
- Assist the agency to continually assure, improve and innovate our User Research practices to generate clear and valuable findings.
- Experience planning, managing and delivering user research activities
- Strong knowledge of user-centred and agile approaches
- Ability to collaborate closely with colleagues in different digital disciplines and across different agencies to achieve outcomes.
- Previous experience in APS is a bonus.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Vaz on 02 8093 0602, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100609. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com