About the Company
I am working with a Federal Government client seeking an experienced UI Designer for an initial period of 6 months, with a potential extension by another six months. Estimated start date: 20th Apr 2020.
About the Role
As part of a multi-disciplinary product team, reporting to the Product Manager, you will be primarily involved in the planning, management and delivery of a key digital product. Responsibilities including:
- Provide user-focused design services that meet digital standards and contributes to the development and continual enhancement of products and the user experience.
- Work closely with the user researcher and service designer to plan and conduct service design activities, including: visual concepts and prototypes, user research meetings and co-design workshops, stakeholder workshops, deliver service design artefacts, such as customer journeys, user research and testing share-backs, reports and presentations.
- Take the lead with the service designer on developing visual design and concepts built on an understanding of user needs, requirements, limitations and motivations. You will shape creative prototypes informed by accurate, assumption-free understanding of user feedback and translate data into visual models and communicate findings to product team and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the service designer and user researcher to reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and test and iterate frequently to meet user needs.
- Help shape and build the product solution with responsibility of the product's day-to-day design requirements, informed by user feedback.
- Lead and coordinate uplift in user design capability and understanding to deliver services that better meet user needs and service expectations
- Build continual improvements in service design and user research practices across the product team and the agency
- Work with the product manager and service / interactive designers to prioritise work to meet user needs
- Assist product team in the development of service design plans to ensure user-centred product and project success
Working remotely given the current restrictions. Progressing into office-base location when restrictions are lifted - either Sydney or Canberra.
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience as a successful interactive designer and working effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Extensive experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard (DSS)
- Demonstrated ability and experience designing and delivering high quality design for digital products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to deeply understand the user experience and translate data and findings to improve a digital product or service.
- Extensive knowledge and working experience of Agile tools, including JIRA.
- Experience working with a range of federal government stakeholders, including experience in whole of government transformation programs.
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and will be required to have (or be able to obtain and maintain) a Baseline clearance. Click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Simone Wilson on 03 9929 9503, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100115.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com