About the Role
The Traffic Engineer works in a small specialist team responsible for traffic and road safety related investigations and for recommending solutions that address the problems.
Some key duties include:
- Investigate traffic and road safety concerns by the community, elected representatives and government agencies and recommend actions that address the concerns.
- Service the Local Traffic Committee through the preparation of agendas, reports, correspondence and works instructions to install traffic management devices. Assist Infrastructure Services with ongoing maintenance of traffic facilities.
- Liaise and negotiate with key statutory authorities with traffic responsibilities including the Roads and Maritime Services, the NSW Police Force and Transport for NSW.
The succesful candidate will have tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering and experience sufficient for eligility for admission as a Member of the Australian Institute of Traffic Planning and Management.
To be succesful in this role you will also need:
- A high level of computer literacy with experience using word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, asset management, financial and record management software and traffic engineering software such as SIDRA.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management
- Current NSW Drivers Licence (Class C)
This council offers an opportunity for work life balance with a 35 hour week and a 19 day, 4 week cycle. Competitive hourly rate for the right candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90714. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com