|Location||Orange, New South Wales|
|Posted||20 days ago|
Cabonne Council is located in the Central Tablelands of New South Wales, approximately 290 kilometres west of the Sydney CBD. With Airports in Orange, Dubbo and Parkes it takes no time at all to get to all major cities.
Cabonne Country, "Australia's Food Basket", is a rich rural council, covering the towns and villages of Borenore, Canowindra, Cargo, Cudal, Cumnock, Eugowra, Manildra, Molong, Mullion Creek, Nashdale, Yeoval and other localities. The area is home to the site of Australia's first gold rush and is also famous for hot air ballooning, world class food and wine, agriculture and mining.
Working at Cabonne means a lot of variety, with offices and depots in Molong, Cudal, Canowindra and Orange. Flexible working arrangements, an active education assistance program, a successful trainee and apprentice program, and opportunities for professional development and advancement form a key foundation for living and working in the Cabonne Shire.
Council provides approximately 120 different services to the community and, with over 175 staff members providing these services, you will always be surrounded by an enthusiastic and innovative team.
About the Role
As the Tourism and Community Engagement coordinator, your role will be two-fold. Firstly, it will be to ensure that tourism activities within the Cabonne LGA receive strong leadership and are supported with adequate administration and grant funding opportunities. Secondly it will be to help lead and enhance the LGA and community identity and capitalise on all economic development opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include however are not limited to:
- Lead the implementation of the objectives within the Tourism Strategic Plan including:
- Ensuring tourism activities in Cabonne LGA show strong leadership and are supported with adequate administration and grant funding opportunities.
- Ensuring tourism activities in Cabonne Country are supported through tourism statistical research and analyses that enables measurable visitation growth for the LGA.
- Ensuring tourism activities in Cabonne grows through the development of promotional and marketing opportunities for the LGA.
- Ensuring tourism activities in Cabonne are enhanced through the investment of tourism product development.
- Ensuring tourism activities in Cabonne Country are enhanced through valued and respectful partnerships of co-operation and capacity building
- To lead unit efforts in the enhancement of the LGA/community identity and economic development opportunities, including tourism, through marketing and promotional activities
- To lead unit efforts in the facilitation of community social and economic development through assisting community groups and council to identify and pursue grant funding opportunities
- Represent Council on relevant tourism committees & at regional events
- Ensure the Media & Communications Coordinator is aware of achievements, events/promotions/activities, any operational changes and new initiatives to ensure suitable external media & internal communication activities are carried out
- Ensure productive working relationships between Cabonne Council, tourism operators and the community are maintained & wherever possible enhanced
- Develop, implement and review tourism marketing strategies
Please follow the link to the comprehensive candidate brochure:
With a passion for community and for developing the region, you will be keen to take responsibility of the portfolio and affect tangible, positive outcomes. A willingness to take the initiative and to pro-actively present and develop new ideas will come naturally as will demonstrating a personal interest toward improving the way key responsibilities 'could' be achieved. Other areas of skills and experience include:
- Demonstrable practical experience in tourism, promotional & community development activities
- Sound understanding and demonstrated knowledge of the tourism industry
- Experience of working with community groups to meet identified needs
- Ability to network and build both internal and external relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work within a budget
Closing date Wednesday 24th June.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0605, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100290. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com