About the Company
UGL is a global diversified services company delivering critical assets and essential services that sustain and enhance the environment in which we live. Our capabilities extend across a broad range of services and whole-of-life solutions for diverse industries, utilising world leading, sustainable and innovative technologies. We partner with some of the world's largest blue-chip companies, government agencies, private enterprise, and public institutions.
About the Role
We are seeking experienced Electrical Technicians to join the Rail Maintenance Facility in Auburn.
The role of Test and Commissioning Specialist is responsible for carrying out, testing, and troubleshooting of complex Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical systems and equipment as part of the Tangara Technology Upgrade Project. They will use their previous Test and Commissioning experience coupled with Train knowledge to assist Test and Commissioning Technicians troubleshoot faults. They may also be required to participate in Train Trials and Testing during dynamic runs which are scheduled to run over weekends and / or day, afternoon and night shifts.
You will be reporting directly to the Testing and Commissioning Manager.
- Experience in the Railway Maintenance industry with experience on Tangara and on Trains such as Waratah/Millennium/Oscar
- RISI / RSW Accreditation
- A working Knowledge of a quality control system.
- Have an Electrical or Electronics Qualification and/or a minimum 5 years similar
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proficient skills in computers: MS Word, Excel, email.
Immediate start. 6 month contract offering a highly competitive salary. Opportunities for career progression, mentorship and development as you will be working with a tier 1 organisation on a major rail project. An opportunity to work for a diverse, global company.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1808-90447. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com