Davidson is excited to present a brand new Technical Lead Tester contract opportunity with a well-respected government utility. This is an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of another 6 month extension. You will take the lead in testing activities across several projects including legacy and new developments. You will be ready to roll up your sleeves and work of the creation of test plans and manual and automated test scripts. This is an excellent opportunity that will take your career up a notch whilst working on a hybrid manual and automation testing role.
About the Role
As the primary tester, you will:
- Work with the Development & Testing Manager to translate our Testing Strategy across Test Plans for each project underway
- Develop, refine and test against acceptance criteria for Test Cases meeting acceptance criteria of User Stories
- Assist with coordination of testing activities with internal and external developers
- Prepare and hold UAT workshops and assist in management of UAT process with Product Owners and users
- Work collaboratively with other testers
- Ensure and validate there is adequate documentation and information in Test Plans to mitigate risks for the business
- Assist in the success of the new development frameworks by ensuring their stability through testing
- Ensuring that all releases for legacy and new development meets business expectation and that these expectations are documented
- Providing daily feedback on pass/fail rates of all tests across various projects to feed back into improving processes
You will have demonstrated experience in the following,
- Planning and documenting test plans for legacy and new developments
- Preparation for UAT: planning, running workshops, reviewing and directing feedback appropriately
- Identification of gaps and/or risks in testing processes, plans or test cases and rectification
- Experience carrying out manual testing from Test Scripts (and incorporating required changes/updates in review cycles)
- Experience in setting up automation practices across development
- Experience with both manual and automated tools for testing
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile/Scrum projects and ability to lead sprint planning, retrospectives and sprint showcases
- Demonstrated experience in using Azure DevOps (or JIRA) for managing and tracking user stories, and traceability of requirements through design, build, and testing.
Get your application in today as this role is progressing quickly!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086, or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com quoting ref no. JO-2007-101017. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com