|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
My client is family owned Australian business who have been operating since the late 1980's, providing market-leading high-quality products and customised solutions to the construction industry across the eastern seaboard to a diverse range of clients they have partnered with for a number of years.
About the Role
The role of Technical Business Development Manager will be to manage NSW portfolio of clients as part of a joint venture with the manufacturing of the fire collar brand, in which the business has the sole distribution rights within Australia. This role is a key conduit between business and key external stakeholders that's responsible for maintaining over 100 loyal customers along with growing the business. A key part of this role will be the preparation and presentation to customers on new products to the customer base. You will provide highly technical advice aiding and supporting the wider team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients
- Develop and deliver product presentations in person with clients
- Develop a details understanding of the relevant Australian Standard and the National Construction code NCC - interpret distributors and end-users with correct product selection, technical advice by offering unique solutions
- Updating and maintaining accurate information within the CRM
- Conduct site inspections for correct installation
- Actively follow up on leads/sales enquires with a positive outcome
- Develop sales strategies and promotional opportunities
- Attending and actively inputting to weekly sales meetings
- Problems solving and proactive thinking
- Ensuring continues growth by exceeding KPI's
- Providing industry feedback on market needs and new product opportunities
- Delivering technical training both internally and externally
Attending client networking events as and when required
You will have a high technical aptitude, coupled with a compelling sales personality with a hunger to chase new business from cold calls to inbound leads. You will have outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to listen to customer's needs and desires and act upon these accordingly. You will possess high energy, strong attention to detail, and numeric and analytical skills you will have excellent time management skills with the ability to organise days, weeks, and months ahead. A passion for cross-collaboration by achieving positive outcomes, well-developed problem-solving ability, self-motivated with the ability to work along and part of a team, a willingness to challenge the status quo while adhering to the company values of honesty, loyalty, and humility.
Along with the above, strong Technical Business Development background of around 5+ years within the construction industry, it would also be a strong advantage if you have previous knowledge of fire collars.
Along with a highly competitive salary + commission structure, company phone, laptop, and car are all provided along with flexible working arrangements and being part of a great culture with a company that embraces their values and able to plan your day like you are running your own business.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Prince on 07 3023 1044, quoting ref no. JO-2011-101872. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com