The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and well-being and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
The role is an integral position within the Strategic, Design and Sustainability Planning unit and reports to the Coordinator SDS. The key challenges of the role include team mentoring and leadership, project management, policy and strategy development and implementation of these across the organisation, department and external sector advocacy, including leading the Sustainability Advisory Committee , community engagement and reporting/budgeting, .
Experience and Requirements
- Experience mentoring and leading small teams
- Experience delivering programs of work through multiple projects
- Experience representing an organisation to a community
- A relevant tertiary qualification (eg Sustainability, Environmental Planning)
- Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Project Management in the sustainability/environmental sector
- Experience of sustainable building design and assessment tools
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Strong project scheduling and budgeting skills
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Tim Venn on 03 9929 9549, quoting ref no. CGD 005. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com