At Wollondilly Shire Council you will be provided with a flexible and inclusive working environment that provides a positive, productive and highly skilled workforce where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow.
Working at Wollondilly Shire Council means that you will help to achieve the vision of building a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for the community now and into the future. You will also live and contribute to the corporate values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
Salary and Conditions
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Attractive Salary negotiable for outstanding candidates
- 9.5% Superannuation
- 35 Hour Week, with Flex Time system
- Health and Well-being Programs
- Ongoing Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
This position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Building Approval and Certification Team, ensuring objectives are achieved, while providing quality advice, policy, decision making and support to the Manager Development Services.
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying or related field.
- Building Professionals Board Accreditation A1 (unlimited).
- Comprehensive understanding of the Building Code of Australia and accreditation with the Building Professionals Board as an accredited Certifier in NSW.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Local Government Act, Environmental Planning and Assessment Act and other associated Acts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing high performing and customer focussed teams.
- Demonstrated experience in change management and implementing continuous improvement within a team.
- High Level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven competency in Microsoft Applications, including Word, Excel, Access & Outlook.
- High Level problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Current Class C Driver's Licence.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Work Health and Safety (WHS) and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times.
- The ability and commitment to Council's Vision to build a resilient, safe and supported workplace that provides respectful, efficient and effective services for our community now and into the future.
- The ability and commitment to display Council's Corporate Values of Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Embrace Innovation.
- Post graduate qualification in building surveying or related field.
- Local Government Experience.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Friday 10 August 2018.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gareth Broadrick on 02 8093 0600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90323. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com