About the Company
Operating as one of the Australia's leading consultancy business, this business deliver's innovative scientific, technical, professional and program-management solutions for public and private clients around the world. As a result of internal secondment, we require a Tax Specialist or a Finance Manager with a Tax focus to join the team for an immediate start.
Reporting to the Director of Tax (APAC) you will work closely with the team in managing the Taxation reporting obligations of the ANZ group. Your key duties will include:
- Preparation of annual tax effect accounting calculations in compliance with US GAAP
- Managing the SOX compliance process (for tax) for Australia including maintaining relevant documentation
- Providing input to the external tax advisors in respect of the preparation of the annual income tax return
- Australian transfer pricing documentation
- Liaising with external tax advisors and the Group Tax team (based in the US)
- Reviewing the work of the Tax Accountant including review of monthly Business Activity Statements and the annual Fringe Benefits Tax returns
- Provide support to Director of Tax - APAC with ad-hoc tax advisory matters
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and ideally experience in Australian tax compliance for large multinationals. The ideal candidate will come from a large accounting firm or a large corporate with an excellent understanding of tax legislation. A High proficiency in tax effect accounting is essential. You will be CPA/CA qualified and a knowledge of US GAAP and SOX compliance is highly desired. Strong analytical, written and inter-personal communications skills is also essential. This role is initially being offered on a 3-6 month contract basis, however longer term or a potential permanent role is also a possibility depending on workload and the individual.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2003-99722. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com