This client is a well-respected government agency with an extensive Information Technology Services branch. They are currently seeking a talented Systems Officer / SQL Developer to join. This is an excellent contract opportunity that will initially roll through until August 2021 with the possibility of 6 month extension. You will provide quality SQL development and reporting services. You will roll up your sleeves and work on the development and design of SSRS reports and SSIS packages for business systems.
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and maintaining customised static and ad hoc SQL reports for business information systems.
- Providing technical expertise, advice and support for business teams as required on reporting solutions.
- Identifying opportunities and implement improvements and/or enhancements to existing reports and reporting systems.
- Developing standardised, interactive data access queries for monitoring, analysing and drill to detail purposes for business information systems.
- Building dashboards and provide complex ad-hoc analysis of data and ensure the precise and timely response to queries.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate and accurate system documentation to facilitate the development of business reports.
- Identifying trends and issues and formulate strategies and plans designed to support business information systems and meet business needs and objectives.
- Supporting the businesses through the provision of high level technical advice and assistance and the timely resolution and closure of Service Requests.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends to support the provision of quality ICT services and systems support to clients.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis, developing and designing SSRS reports and SSIS packages for business systems, from SQL databases (SQL 2008 and later).
- Possession of high level conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills together with a proven ability to provide advice and guidance, particularly in the areas of database design and optimisation, security, recovery and tools usage.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills that support the delivery of quality outcomes for the department.
- Understanding in the support and documentation of business (.NET) applications including C#, .NET Core, WCF, WinForms.
- Ability to reflect business process and create database objects in SQL Server including SSRS and SSIS.
- Understanding of security concepts relating to applications and web technologies including Active Directory, DNS, SSL and open web standards.
- Experience using source control.
Get your application in quick today as this role is closing soon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101071. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com