Our client is urgently seeking a talented Systems Administrator to join their IT Services team. This is a long term contract that will see you through until August 2021 with possibility of 6 month extension! You will be responsible for coordinating and providing operational second and third tier IT infrastructure maintenance and support. This is an excellent opportunity to boost your career in a large scale government environment.
About the Role
As a Systems Administrator, you will:
- Provide second and third level support and maintenance of the Departmental network infrastructure.
- Participate in a team of technical specialists to undertake the development, configuration and implementation of new initiatives and solutions within a large ICT environment.
- Undertake change management activities associated with infrastructure provisioning.
- Research and provide advice in the continuous improvement of existing IT infrastructure and evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Understand client's business drivers and contribute to client relationships by assisting in the performance analysis of client's infrastructure environments and making recommendations for improvement.
- Provide feedback to clients, the Service Management and Application Management teams regarding the status of problems and service requests to ensure that agreed service levels and client service standards are achieved.
- Liaise effectively with clients, multi-disciplinary technology groups and external stakeholders on enterprise infrastructure matters.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, industry and technology directions and product road maps for enterprise infrastructure technology.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated, or ability to learn, technical skills in the implementation, support and maintenance of enterprise infrastructure solutions in a large network environment.
- Demonstrated use of analytical and problem solving skills to resolve technical issues that arise during the installation, upgrade or modification of complex IT infrastructure environments.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to:
- Contribute toward creating a positive team environment, working collaboratively and actively sharing information and skills with others;
- Act professionally at all times while performing under pressure, managing your own workload and priorities to complete tasks and satisfy customer expectations;
- Consult, negotiate and provide technical information to internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve the successful completion of tasks; and
- Produce meaningful standards, guides and operational documentation for IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrated commitment to client service and the ability to identify opportunities for Improvements to services.
Get your application in today as this role is closing soon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101073. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com