Work required to be performed
- Administration of Windows Servers on premises and in the cloud (AWS and MS Azure)
- Monitoring of servers and services for proactive support
- Administration of SQL Server database platforms
- Administration of IIS Web Server environments
- Maintain currency in server infrastructure, operating systems and supported software
- Produce and maintain quality systems documentation
- Liaise with clients giving advice on hosting solutions and services
- Provide timely and detailed verbal and written advice as required on software, hardware and security matters
- Participate in a rotating weekly duty roster, including being part of either morning duty or afternoon duty
- Ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes
- Deliver outcomes that comply with documented technical architectures and policies
- Deliver services that comply with change, configuration, incident and problem management methodologies and systems.
The contractor will be required to assist with other technical services as directed by the Team Leader, Application Hosting, or delegated Senior System Administrators.
The Contractor may also be required to undertake other duties as directed by the Director Operations, or Manager Systems Hosting.
- Windows Server System Administration (minimum of Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows Server 2016)
- Microsoft IIS Server Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration (minimum SQL Server 2008 R2 / SQL Server 2012 / SQL server 2016)
- PowerShell, VB Script, or other relevant scripting languages
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
Highly Desirable Qualifications/Certifications/Skills
- A good understanding of Cloud security concepts - Security Groups, network security, encryption, auditing, monitoring and logging.
- Experience supporting AWS services including EC2 instances, S3, simple DB, and RDS(SQL), DynamoDB, Cloud formation scripts
- Experience with AWS EC2 launch configuration and auto scaling, Elastic cache, and Elastic beanstalk.
- Automated deployment of products using cloud transformation scripts
- YAML/JSON development especially relating to infrastructure as code
Contractor personal characteristics:
- Proven ability to work autonomously and within a small team
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors and customers
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organisation including senior management
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90331. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com