Davidson has partnered exclusively with Moreton Bay Regional Council to source exceptional candidates for the position of Strategic Program Coordinator - Infrastructure Planning.
About Moreton Bay Regional Council
Moreton Bay Regional Council is one of the fastest growing areas in Australia and the third largest local government by population. Positioned between Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, the Moreton Bay Region is proud of its diverse communities and landscapes. It covers coastal settlements like Redcliffe and Bribie Island, rural townships like Dayboro, hilltop villages like Mount Mee, urban communities like "the Hills" district adjoining Brisbane and areas of strong business and residential growth such as North Lakes.
This determined Council has recently partnered with others to ensure the successful delivery of catalytic projects like the Redcliffe Peninsula Rail Line, University of Sunshine Coast's Moreton Bay Campus and The Mill Priority Development Area.
With a Gross Regional Product of $14.7 billion, this region's strong economic performance and upward growth trajectory provides an array of business and investment opportunities.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to providing cost-effective services and facilities to enhance residents' quality of life.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Infrastructure Planning, the Strategic Program Coordinator - Infrastructure Planning will lead strategic infrastructure planning activities to facilitate the sustainable growth of the Moreton Bay region, and work closely with state agencies and other key stakeholders to deliver strategic and long-term infrastructure planning outcomes to meet community needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a team of multi-disciplinary professionals, in partnership with functional lead departments, to prepare, prioritise and maintain Council's key strategic infrastructure policies, long term planning and delivery programs for all local government infrastructure networks.
- Manage and guide the Local Government Infrastructure Plan (LGIP) program, including statutory processes, appointed review, scheme amendments and strategic advice having regard to relevant legislation, policy and financial provisions and Council direction.
- Operate closely with the Major Infrastructure Planning Manager to develop detailed infrastructure plans and infrastructure agreements for major developments and to capture infrastructure project outcomes for incorporating into the LGIP program and other infrastructure programs such as charge recovery.
- Lead the development, prioritisation and delivery of integrated infrastructure network planning for Council's major asset groups in transport, stormwater, environmental, parks and community facilities.
- Engage with significant utility agencies to integrate their required network solutions and infrastructure planning into the overall infrastructure plans for the region.
- Lead engagement with the relevant state agencies to achieve alignment between Moreton Bay region and the Queensland Government long term infrastructure planning priorities with a strong emphasis on solutions that promote and facilitate sustainable outcomes in a rapidly growing metropolitan region.
- Lead a program of continuous improvement through development and delivery of infrastructure policies, procedures and performance measures to support effective planning, design, investment and delivery decisions.
- Coordinate the development of various financial and geospatial models, annual capital and operational works programs and ensure these programs are reviewed and updated on a regular basis to remain current.
- Degree in engineering, urban planning and/or another relevant field,
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals, and deliver high quality plans, strategies and policies, within set timelines to meet Councils statutory obligations and directions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate internally and externally
- Current C class driver's licence.
This is a genuine career opportunity with a leading Queensland Regional Council undergoing a pivotal chapter of organisational, operational and cultural change. A competitive salary and benefit package is on offer for an exceptional candidate, with a real passion to contribute to the region.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Donna Ison on 07 3023 1047 or Declan Jones on 07 3023 1065, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99495. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com