The NTC leads national land transport reform in support of Australian Government efforts to improve safety, productivity, environmental outcomes and regulatory efficiency. NTC employees collaborate with all levels of government and industry representatives to deliver the NTC's program of work.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Strategic Engagement Advisor will be responsible for planning, developing, coordinating and delivering a range of stakeholder engagement activities. In this role you will establish and maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders and work across a number of portfolios to lead the development of effective stakeholder engagement strategies. This includes two of the five exciting NTC portfolio's, namely Future Technology and Sustainability.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A proven track record of effective stakeholder engagement or community engagement
- Working knowledge of government policy-making processes within a policy or regulatory environment
- Advanced verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and form effective relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Advanced written communication skills paired with a strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to prepare succinct and accurate written material for a range of platforms
- High level analytical skills, with an ability to deal with complex matters and lead tasks as required
- Strong ability to juggle multiple projects and work across teams on a number of reform programs
- A strong network of influential stakeholder contacts, preferably within the Australian transport industry
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and a sound understanding of the transport industry in Australia are highly desirable
- A willingness to share and contribute to NTC's values: Care; Commitment; Curiosity; Collaboration; and Courage
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact David 'Will' Wilson on 07 3023 1059, quoting ref no. JO-2011-101960.
Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com