Our local government client has an immediate requirement for an experienced Stores Officer to join their team.
About The Role
- Assist with the supervision of stores by providing guidance and support to the team, including monitoring the workload of assisting employees.
- Monitor and process incoming and outgoing communication (including customer service/work requests/work orders) ensuring all correspondence and requests are managed professionally, timeframes are met and follow-up actions are executed.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, approved standards, policies and procedures relating to the department's practices and processes.
- Act as a point of contact for inventory and stores supply matters by providing sound advice, innovation and problem solving.
- Correctly use and maintain plant and equipment provided, including all personal protective equipment, in accordance with manufacturer's instructions, council's safety policy and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of programs and the ability to develop proficiency with council's software programs.
- Excellent time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Certificate II in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Current C class driver's licence.
- Current Construction Induction Card competency that has been used within the past 2 years.
- Current High Risk Work (HRW) Licence - Forklift Truck (LF).
- This a great opportunity to secure a 6 month contract role, with possible extension, working with one of our highly regarded local government employers
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact George Hall on 07 3023 1054, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100563. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com