about this role
The client is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to facilitate delivery of the IMS Replacement project. This project will deliver upgraded configuration of the command client for named Communication Centres and the retirement of IMS as a computer aided dispatch system. This upgrade is being delivered by the client.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing project plans, schedules, financial forecasts, risks and issues registers, and other key project documentation for agreed projects in line with the client best practice and standards, including PRINCE2 methodologies.
- Leading and managing project activities and teams and suppliers to deliver to schedule and outcomes.
- Implementing and coordinating project governance and assurance processes in alignment with business and the client requirements.
- Maintaining project information in a corporate project management system;
- Providing regular project progress reports to project governance and ICT Management and prepare, review and present project reports, briefing notes, submissions, and other correspondence as required;
- Working collaboratively and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of project outcomes to business strategy and requirements;
- Demonstrated experience delivering both PRINCE2 and Agile projects.
- Demonstrated experience delivering ICT projects involving significant organisation change.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills and experience working with multiple strategic stakeholders.
- Demonstrated effective management of staff within the project and across operational teams.
- A hands-on proactive project manager who will develop and maintain detailed schedules and project management artefacts for all stages of the project lifecycle and actively engage and manage resources and suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure delivery.
Criteria for Success
To be successful in this role the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, often within tight timeframes
- Ability to overcome obstacles and problem solve through project and contractual issues
- Approaches negotiations with a clear understanding of key issues
- Good communication skills to interact with executive level stakeholders and vendors
- Vendor management across multiple strategic vendors
- Delivery of high quality artefacts and outputs
- Timely reporting of project status and deliverables
- Professional representation of F&DS to internal and external stakeholders.
- Radio experience
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the client.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1809-90974. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com