About the Role
The Spatial Lead will be responsible to drive the vision of spatial products and services whilst maintaining efficient and current GIS solutions, providing effective and timely advice to the Data Analytics team and wider business on all aspects of spatial data analysis.
The role of the Spatial Lead will include working within an Agile-Scrum team implementing User Stories into a complicated data environment. In addition, the role will be to provide expert advice to the GIS Program Team who is tasked to create a new national solution.
- Advise on spatial data management, effective visualisation and efficient workflows for the GIS solutions.
- Provide authoritive policy and technical advice on spatial data and products the operational and policy areas.
- Contribute to the ongoing design of spatial solutions by gathering user and business requirements, performing geodatabase modelling, application customisation, data manipulation, integration, testing, documentation and training.
- Develop ongoing expertise in the GIS product suite (currently based on ESRI products).
- Ensure a knowledge transfer in relation spatial data types, coordinate systems and spatial analysis techniques.
- Provide efficient maintenance of the spatial products and services.
- Ensure that the spatial data is fully accountable to the organisation, industry and government.
- Provide specialist spatial data briefings as required, to industry organisations and other stakeholders.
- Liaise, negotiate and effectively communicate and represent a variety of spatial data forums including government agencies industry bodies and clients.
- Prepare and/or review complex reports, briefing notes, submissions and prepare and deliver presentations in accordance with standards.
- Other responsibilities include staff development and facilitating continuous development in new research into new and emerging trends in geospatial data.
- Comply with WH&S policies and procedures and contribute and promote a safe and health work environment.
Skills and Capabilities
- To convert a user story into quality code that will allow the user to meet the objectives as defined by the acceptance criteria.
- To release high quality code where bug fixes are kept to a minimum.
- To set a high standard of professionalism and diligence that will help influence a team to maintain stronger practices.
- To advocate GIS capabilities and proactively highlight its capability.
- To assist in growing NHVR's delivery capability via Agile-Scrum.
- To provide solutions with a strong emphasis on sustainability, low technical debt; and high quality.
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS Desktop, QGIS and other desktop tools to create maps, visualisations, and manage data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS and other web-based tools to create webmaps and web applications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing ad-hoc and ongoing ETL processes with FME Desktop/Esri Data Interoperability.
- Highly proficient in the creation and maintenance of spatial datasets and production of GIS products.
- Demonstrated experience working with evolutionary techniques, tools and approaches to achieve an ever improving level of quality assurance and sustainability.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to manage effective relationships and with customers, stakeholders and team.
- Demonstrated ability of spatial data models.
- Demonstrated ability in corporate/ enterprise information systems with a high level of spatial integration.
- Must be a problem solving oriented professional, for example, be proactive in solving problems before escalating, rather than expecting others to rectify problems.
- Must be a proactive, clear and factual communicator with the ability to explain technical scenarios and results - expresses technical and business concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated experience working in a rapidly changing and demanding professional environment with proven capacity to prioritise, multi-task, achieve business goals, perform and always work with a customer focused approach.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, consultation, facilitation and negotiation skills and demonstrated capacity to broker effective IT system and solutions with a diverse range of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to produce high quality written documentation and presentations in a timely manner.
- Openness to learning and takes responsibility for personal growth. Acquires strategies for gaining knowledge and learning new technologies and skills. Engages in learning from others both within and outside the organisation. Tries new approaches and broadens scope of work while learning from work assignments.
Qualifications and Experience
Essential to the Role:
- Minimum of five years' experience working within spatial and geographic information systems.
- The use of spatial API's/SDK's; opensource and/or proprietory
- Integration with spatial web services and/or tools
- The evolutionary adoption of tools and utilities to enhance software development. Other languages will be highly regarded
- Leaflet (or similar such as OpenLayers, WebApp Builder, Esri JS API)
- Spatial RDBMS such as Postgress DB or SQL Server (preferred or MySQL, Oracle)
- Automated testing technologies
- ArcGIS Enterprise Platform
- OpenSource Spatial Technologies
- Open Street Map
- Google Maps Platform.
- Strong experience in the following development "tool" domains:
- DVCS (Git preferred or Mercurial)
- Bamboo or Jenkins
- Bitbucket (preferred; or GitHub).
- Experience of working in service oriented architecture (SOA) and n-tier architectures
- Experience of working with RDBMS such as SQL Server or ORACLE
- Experience with Power BI or similar visualisation tools for creating interactive analytics
- Relevant tertiary qualification in geographic information systems or equivalent.
- Proven experience working with a routing engine, service or network dataset is a must
- Proven experience developing sustainable GIS full stack enterprise solutions
- Experience with GIS content/data management, performace optimisation and quality assurance
- Must have experience defining a technical solution where key attributes such as performance and security are always taken into consideration.
- Experience in a regulatory environment
- ESRI Technical Certification
- Experience with Routing technologies and Network datasets
- Experience with ESRI / OpenSource / CartoDB or similar.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 0409 614 218, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100453. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com