Davidson is excited to present an excellent Solution Architect 6 month contract opportunity with one of our well-respected government clients. You will work within a high profile Digital Transformation Program to deliver a cohesive single end state solution. The program structure is constructed using 'Product Owners' for each work stream and will undertake customer journey mapping and user experience design as the baseline for solution definition and build.
About the Role
As a Solution Architect, you will:
- Lead solution design and architecture for the Digital Transformation Program, working with business and program stakeholders, suppliers and Product Owners, as well as Enterprise, Security, Data and Solution Architects within the department and across other government agencies;
- Review, interpret and respond to business requirements specifications to ensure alignment between program, business and client expectations and current or future ICT capability;
- Input to the strategic direction of technology to assist in the development of the solutions architectures, in order to maximise the return on investment;
- Identify system, infrastructure and application program and project interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved;
- Serve as a key technical member of the solution delivery team in helping to ensure success in delivering programs and projects for customers;
- Collaborate with Enterprise, Security, Data and Application Architects, to assist in the development and maintenance of the roadmap for applications and the transition to a cloud SaaS, PaaS or IaaS solution;
- Define solution architecture scope for each tranche, phase or delivery stage with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria;
- Lead technical engagements, and ensure a timely and successful delivery of value (delivery of actual solutions will be done by service providers and agency or agency partners);
- Provide advice, direction and recommendations on all aspects of data architecture for applications systems, strategy and governance, taking steps to ensure that it is properly understood and appropriately used, to enhance the effectiveness of the program's outcomes;
- Maintain an awareness of global trends and needs of the Department, and promotes the benefits of a common approach to IT development and deployment of information systems and business management;
- Recognise benefits of strategic application of IT and initiates investigations and development of innovative methods of exploiting IT assets.
- Manages risks and issues that may impact on the successful implementation of the architecture initiatives and other initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will possess a minimum of 5 years in similar roles and have recent strong experience of working as an end-to-end Solution Architect. You will successfully demonstrate:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Solution Architect in a complex organisation;
- Well developed ICT and cloud services knowledge;
- Experience with solutions architecture, business and systems requirements, technical design and analysis in a complex and maturing technical environment, preferably within the government sector;
- Experience with contemporary business technologies and architectural frameworks in a multi-sourced and/or federated operating environment;
- Experience in successfully delivering major business solutions into implementation within a government department, enterprise IT environment or program of inter-related solutions development;
- Experience in successfully designing and delivering business solutions that interface to cross agency initiatives;
- Experience guiding and collaborating with multi-disciplinary technical teams covering multiple domains;
- Experience working with senior level stakeholders and conducting stakeholder workshops to gather requirements across business and data domains;
- Experience in change management;
- Good understanding of emerging technologies, and their associated impact on enterprise environments.
Other mandatory requirements
- Relevant Cloud certificate and/or strong knowledge or equivalent (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google).
- TOGAF certification and/or well developed knowledge.
- Certification and/or well developed knowledge of Agile project management methodology
- Well developed knowledge of development standards
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! Get your application in today as this role is closing soon!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2005-100309. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com