- Retire IMS and replace with the client's QCAD solution (on a site by site basis)
- Complete state-wide telephony virtualisation (PABX and NICE loggers)
- Network upgrades to support QCAD (on a site by site basis).
- Solution Architecture services for the client Communication Centre
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, with oversight from the Design and Innovation team leader, the Solution Architect will be responsible to provide timely and accurate delivery in this fast paced, heavily timeline constrained project.
You will be responsible for:
- Collaboration with business analysts, enterprise, solution and infrastructure architects, external stakeholders and technical experts to define and implement solution architecture.
- Provide key input and direction in the creation, review and updating of other design artefacts across the Design and Innovation Directorate, including Solution Design and Detailed Design.
- Develop, maintain and foster effective networks and liaisons, between internal technical teams, projects, other stakeholders and branches of the portfolio agencies, in order to assist in the delivery of solution architecture.
- Ensure all work is developed and documented in line with established the client Enterprise Architecture processes.
- Research, analyse, interpret and report on a range of possible solutions in relation to complex business and technical issues, relevant to the associated deliverables.
- Assist in the identification, addressing and scheduling of issues, risks and solutions that may impact the successful implementation of business initiatives.
- Develop schedules, status reports and Risk Management reports, on solution architecture deliverables in order to meet business requirements and expectations.
Criteria for Success
To be successful in this role the candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal customers
- Takes full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements
- Co-ordination, at a technical level, to deliver against approved project plans and schedules
- Participation in key technical activities with emphasis on peer review
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, often within tight timeframes
- Ability to overcome obstacles and problem solve issues
- Good communication skills to interact with key stakeholders, internal staff and vendors
- Delivery of high quality artefacts and outputs
- Timely reporting to project manager on planned and current activities, risks, issues and dependencies
- Professional representation of F&DS to internal and external stakeholders.
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the client core behaviours:
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Pooja Deshmukh on 07 3023 1078, quoting ref no. JO-1809-90987. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com