|Posted||12 days ago|
About the Company
A global Australian company who provide communication solutions within the mining and resource sector. Spanning six continents, the company specialises in the design, development, manufacture, deployment and support of mission-critical solutions for communications; vehicle and personnel tracking and safety solutions for various environments. Held in high regard in the mining industry, this company does business with over 300 mine sites worldwide. Incorporating hardware and software product development; assembly; direct sales; project management and deployment solutions. The vision is to be the preferred global partner for mission-critical unified communications and tracking solutions in harsh industrial environments.
About the Role
The Systems Software Engineer is a critical customer facing role (both internal & external), involving the implementation and integration of software solutions, focussed on productivity and safety for both surface and underground mining operations.
Recently introducing a state of the art Mining software, which will enable a digital ecosystem underground, this role will be responsible for systems monitoring and translating the "tech talk" to the business.
The approach is to pull all software and hardware and third party integrations into one central point, all focused on improving safety and productivity.
As an experienced Systems/Software Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate the following -
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in software application technologies in relation to system design and delivery
- Experience rolling out technology projects in the mining sector, specifically surface and underground mining sites - hard rock and coal
- Cloud technology experience - Azure/AWS - Cloud solutions
- Knowledge and experience working with Linux, Linux scripting
- Experience and commitment to safety in the workplace both in an office and field environment
- Professional and consultative approach
- An excellent communicator - demonstrable excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex designs and technologies to a combined technical and non-technical audience
- Detailed customer needs analysis and the ability to design high quality, high availability solutions comprised of the product range and any ancillary products as needed
- Develop quality high level and detailed design documents, with a compliance to company standard
- Ability to assemble, configure, test and fully stage solutions
- Knowledge of software development (not a developer) and the ability to apply & adapt in order to meet customer business needs.
The Systems/Software Engineer will be joining a team who are passionate and committed to technology and offering the best to the clients.
You will be exposed to a state of the art product and be involved in providing solutions to support mining and resource.
You will also be given the opportunity to travel across the country and work with experts within the field.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Rell Werner on 0488 622 644, quoting ref no. JO-2104-103686. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com