About the Organisation
Davidson Technology have partnered with a multi-national defence, security and aerospace company who are building one of the world's largest IT defence systems. We are collaborating with them to identify new technology talent who are interested in gaining a skillset that will be sought after across the globe.
About the Role
You will be responsible for designing and delivering software to meet customer requirements including architecture, design, reuse, development, integration and verification, ensuring all key commitments are met. You will also be responsible for autonomously specifying, designing, coding and unit testing software components in line with functional requirements.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assembling the software components in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behaviour, interactions and performance and to confirm that the requirements against which the software components have been designed are fulfilled.
- Defining and tailoring the software engineering environment and the process, practices and tools applicable to the project.
- Participating in the specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed, as well as leading some components and defining their architecture and the allocation of functions.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of software releases in support of the integration and test program.
- Implement corrections arising from defect change request assigned by and under the supervision of the Team Lead.
- Identifying risks, and proposing effective solutions; executing mitigation actions and reporting on outcomes and residual risks.
- Collaborate with Solution Team (System Engineering, Integration and Verification & Validation teams) and other teams when requested.
To be Considered, You Will Have:
- Solid Software component design experience using the C language
- Development of C based client GUI applications, simple form field and button HMI, targeting a LINUX OS (RHEL/CENTOS 8)
- Web application API request/response from C codebase, via CURL or similar
- Experience in using an IDE like Eclipse, Visual Studio, CLion, VS Code
- Generation of log files and interactions with the filesystem
- Experience in Git/Bitbucket/Source Control
- Experience in Kerberos authentication is a benefit
- Parsing JSON experience is a benefit
- Experience in JIRA is a benefit
*** Australian Citizens ONLY as the end client is a Federal Government organisation ***
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Neeha Avasarala on 03 9929 9516, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101462. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com