Do you want to lead a team of 10 and working for a highly regarded employer in a well-established government organisation?
The Southern Highlands is unrivalled in its lifestyle offerings, surrounded by rolling mountains and lakes, and driving distance to Sydney and Canberra. This local government organisation is well known for its inclusive and safe work environment, with plenty of in house resources presenting exciting opportunities for both personal and professional development.
Your role will primarily focus on leading and managing the daily operations and maintenance of local council waste management services. Additional responsibilities are:
- Enforce operational compliance with all on-site activities according to relevant legislation
- Lead and supervise the operational team in undertaking routine cleaning and maintenance
- Ensure all staff is competent in the operations of all site plant and machinery
- Undertake activities to ensure the team meets its business plan commitments, including managing rosters
- Manage maintenance logs and all other associated records
- Manage and direct staff and foster a collaborative and positive working culture
What we are looking for
To be successful in this role previous experience managing a team from an operational point of view in combination with a cert IV in construction, waste management or trade is essential. Experience in a highly unionised environment is highly regarded.
All Applicants must have a valid class C driver's licence and current White Card.
Desirable are also Yellow card (Traffic control), First aid, front end loader and excavator competency.
This organisation actively works towards a flexible working environment and a dynamic workforce. We'd like to see people from all backgrounds apply and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Liisa Olsson on 02 8093 0617, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90143. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com