Our client is a progressive Australian organisation that has a huge national presence and highly respected brand. Working within a great team environment they offer autonomy with a friendly supportive culture.
The role of Senior Unix System Administrator is a technical specialist role responsible for the high availability and stability of multiple Unix systems and services hosted on hybrid infrastructure. You will primarily be supporting the businesses most comprehensive systems providing maintenance, improvements, patching, support, user access and testing on a newly rolled out AIX environment.
You should have a thorough understanding and experience in the principles, procedures and practice of provisioning technologies, capacity planning, automation, system redundancy, archiving, backup and recovery.
You should be able to demonstrate from prior roles the following skills:-
- Demonstrated organisational skills, planning, and ability to exercise judgement to make decisions.
- Excellent documentation, interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to develop working relationships at all levels within ICT, and across business staff and external partners.
- Outcome focused, with strong emphasis on delivering high quality customer service.
- Proven ability to work within an ITIL framework.
- Ability of being able to present complex technical issues to non-technical people ( exceptional communication and influencing skills)
- Senior Level experience providing Unix System Administration support
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x
- Skills in administration RHEL Satellite
- Experience with administration of Red Hat Gluster
- Administration of Puppet Enterprise
- Experience with administration of VMware 6.x, Site Recovery Manager, vRealize Operations
- Experience with supporting HP Blades/Chassis & Cisco UCS
- Solid skills supporting Commvault Backup & Recovery
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Brittany Kyle on 03 9929 9533, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101396. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com