|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
Join a progressive inner Melbourne Council with urban character, a diverse work environment and a fantastic community spirit. You will be given the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally whilst planning and delivering a range of important transport services and programs to the community.
About the Role
- Provide a high level of city-wide, issue specific transport planning expertise in leading the delivery of relevant projects and providing input on projects led by others.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of research, advice and policy, using holistic and cross-enterprise approaches in order to deliver on Council's targets and actions contained in its Integrated Transport Strategy (Move, Connect, Live Strategy 2018-2028).
- Actively contribute to the development of transport planning capabilities and knowledge sharing within the Transport Choices Department.
- Liaise with Victorian Government departments, transport agencies, adjoining Councils and other stakeholders with respect to transport planning and development issues, and to progress the delivery of key strategic projects and advocacy priorities.
To be successful in this role, we believe you must possess the following:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in urban planning or a closely related discipline with at least 8 years relevant professional experience, preferably in a local government environment
- Extensive experience in the formulation and delivery of transport and parking policies based upon adaptive problem solving, analysis and community engagement.
- Demonstrated ability in the planning of transport networks and services, preferably as part of city-wide strategies and urban redevelopment projects
- Experience in building transport planning capabilities through providing guidance to staff members and initiating system and process design improvements
- Work within a professional and highly engaged team environment
- Attractive salary
- Great location
- Exposure to city shaping, career boosting projects
- Genuine work/life balance
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Patrick Courtney on 03 9929 9500 or Patrick.Courtney@Davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2001-99195. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com