About the Company
Sydney Trains are focused on providing sustainable, efficient and cost effective services and are committed to delivering safe, reliable and clean rail services to its customers. Joining them will present an exciting opportunity for you to shape the future of rail services in Sydney. If you are keen to make a genuine difference in the lives of the people of NSW and help provide a best in class rail system, this role is for you
About the Role
Sydney Trains Major Works division are seeking an experienced Senior Track Project Engineer to join their Clyde team.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide planning, engineering and site construction support for projects as well as providing technical advice to support the succesful delivery of projects. The succesful candidate will also be responsible for mentoring and sharing knowledge to strengthen the team.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders
- Working with program/project managers and program planners on the scoping, initial costing and planning for project
- Assisting the program/project mamager in preparing PMP and associated project documentation
- Coordinate risk management workshops and rail safety reviews
- Analyse drawings and associated designs for technical accuracy
- Participate in the evaluation of tenders
- Monitor and report project progress against project plan
- Coordiante handover process for completed works
The succesful applicant will have relevant tertiary qualifications in engineering (track or civil) or equivalent industry experience as well as:
- Substantial experience in project delivery, preferably in a rail environment
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Substantial experience in providing track engineering advice and support
- Demonstrated experience in project management support, such as developing estimates, preparing schedules, managing budgets and cost, planning resources, project controls and status reporting and managing quality.
- Demonstrated mentoring experience providing technical leadership and guidance to colleagues.
A rare opportunity of a 12+ month contract with Sydney train. They are offering highly competitive remuneration for the right candidate.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-89893. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.