The Client is undertaking a four-year Data Modernisation Program.
The Data Modernisation Program is tasked to transition the client to a new operating model, which includes changes to how the client does business and the replacement of existing legacy hardware and software systems.
The services required comprise:
- Manage multiple projects, work packages and activities against deadlines within a time-critical development environment to ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and managing expectations appropriately.
- Undertake analysis of information and communication technology needs and recommend solutions and enhancements to clients.
- Devise, in conjunction with business areas, practical solutions that deliver on business needs.
- Provide professional advice and strategic direction that enables business units to leverage the benefits of ICT.
- Lead the business to develop business requirements.
- Produce project artefacts based on Prince2® Project Management methodology.
- Scope, plan and co-ordinate technical work packages.
- Plan and co-ordinate delivery of projects and work packages with multiple ICT suppliers and service partners to ensure project priorities are delivered on time, on budget and within quality tolerances.
- Manage project and work package estimates, budgets, invoicing and resources.
The Contractor must have experience in and knowledge of the following:
- Demonstrated experience in working on critical systems in complex and diverse business and technology environments, with both technical project management and architectural skillsets in a Principal/Senior role.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise and shape practical solutions that deliver on business needs, balancing system performance, usability, cross-system dependencies, scalability, re-usability, and overall development and maintenance costs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse proposed business system architecture solutions and provide recommendations on suitability or possible enhancements.
- Proven ability to manage ICT projects, including architecture development, procurement in a government context, and implementation of services.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high risk, highly visible and complex projects effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain project communication channels and facilitate collaboration and open communication amongst stakeholder groups.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and customers, and possess a high degree of interpersonal and negotiation skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders of all levels and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects, work packages and activities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and manage project risks and issues and establish and maintain project registers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop project artefacts including business cases, benefits realisation plans, project and stage plans, and project communication documents, ensuring that realistic and quality project artefacts are prepared and maintained throughout the life of the project.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct, manage and motivate a project team across multiple agencies including planning and prioritising work, ensuring deadlines are met, managing budget and resources, maintaining confidentiality and exercising discretion in the absence of decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a Records Management based projects.
- Proven ability to gather information and advice for business and systems analysis, and design so that the systems meet business requirements.
- Well-developed change management skills, with the ability to manage the change process, identifying and defining specific measures by which benefits can be measured and monitor benefits against the business case, supporting the business and senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and lead activities in the realisation of benefits.
Highly Desirable Qualifications/Certifications/Skills
- Prince2® Project Management training or equivalent experience in a project environment.
- Qualifications or experience in Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in cloud solution design and implementation.
- Previous experience working in Government agencies would be advantageous.
- Previous experience working in data-related information communication and technology
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Nicholas Leong on 07 3023 1069, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90231. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com