Our client is urgently seeking 3x Senior Systems Administrators to join their IT Services team. This is a long term contract that will see you through until August 2021 with possibility of 6 month extension! You will be responsible for coordinating and providing operational third tier IT infrastructure maintenance and support. This is an excellent opportunity to boost your career in a large scale government environment.
About the Role
- Undertake the development and maintenance of procedures and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement of ITS operations.
- Provide third level support and maintenance of the Departmental IT infrastructure.
- Research problems and resolve issues to ensure reliable and available services.
- Analyse, advise, recommend and plan maintenance upgrades or enhancements requests for the Departmental IT infrastructure.
- Participate in the development, design, implementation and evaluation of whole of Government IT related initiatives.
- Liaise with the relevant internal and external stakeholders on matters relating to troubleshooting and upgrade information.
- Provide and maintain timely, client focused network problem and service management for IT services and facilities.
- Provide feedback to clients and management regarding the status of problems and service requests to ensure that agreed service levels and client service standards are achieved.
You will successfully demonstrate:
- High level knowledge of the principles and practices of Information Technology, in particular complex network issues and the ability to apply this knowledge in a network environment.
- Demonstrated technical skills in the implementation, support and maintenance of a large network environment.
- Extensive Experience Installing, Configuring, Managing, Troubleshooting and Monitoring:
- Cloud technologies (refer desired competencies below)
- Data centre infrastructure
- Hardware Monitoring
- Backup and recovery technologies and principles
- Resource and Capacity Planning
- Operating System Deployment
- Software Deployment
- Patch management
- Active Directory Domain Services 2008 R2 functional level and above
- Certificate Services
- Nutanix Hyper-Converged infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Amazon Web Services cloud technologies
- Microsoft Windows Server Environment (2012 R2+)
- VMware vSphere 6.5 utilising Enterprise Plus features
- RDS (Microsoft Server 2012 R2+)
- Federation Services and DirSync
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM):
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Linux (RHEL 6/7)
Get your application in quick today, as this role is closing soon this Friday the 07th of August. Any application that comes in later than this deadline will be retained and considered for future opportunities.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101064. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com