Our client is an industry leader (and part of a MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR GLOBAL organisation) with thousands of clients using their software product (SaaS) nationally.
We are searching for a Senior Systems Administrator that's passionate about what they do! So if you are searching for new challenges that offers professional growth, a great working environment with a number of large initiatives and projects underway with the opportunity to take ownership…then THIS COULD BE FOR YOU!
You will take ownership of back-office corporate IT services within the Infrastructure team, supporting our clients' internal users across two sites with exposure to administration of the customer facing production systems.
This role will enable you to work closely with the Infrastructure Manager and alongside a team of Systems Engineers whose primary role is to manage the customer facing production systems. The Engineering team will provide an extension and escalation point where necessary.
This position is within a small (yet critical) team supporting all IT requirements across the business as needed, often working closely with the Product teams (developers, QA, analysts).
Your responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage the IT Service Desk, providing high quality support to internal customer base
- Perform the purchasing and asset management of hardware and software meeting the replacement process and feeding into budget planning
- Monitor systems to ensure availability, capacity, backup and security, responding to incidents
- Help drive forward the IT vision and corporate IT Target Operating Models and Security Frameworks
- Have solid experience managing Apple and Windows clients and Windows servers and the common services that comprise a Windows network
- Implement an endpoint management solution to gain better control and visibility of our workforce as remote working increases
- Have experience with Office 365 management and migrations, using PowerShell to apply standard configuration and management
- Drive towards a cloud first model where we leverage SaaS wherever sensible, reducing the dependency on our office infrastructure, enabling remote workers and enhancing BCP
- Favour automation and toolmaking over manual fixes and changes, continuing to iterate and improve on existing systems
This role is suited for someone with an automation mindset who enjoys actively researching and learning about modern offerings in Cloud.
Our Client's Tech Stack! While hands-on of all tech is not a requirement, every bit helps.
- Windows Server and Client OS
- Apple OS and hardware
- Azure Active Directory, Storage, Backup Server, Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Hyper-V and Failover Clustering
- Cisco ASA Firewalls, Switches & VPN
- Atlassian products
- Remote Desktop Services (Sessions Hosts, Gateways, Connection Brokers, RemoteApp, licensing)
- SQL Server administration (FCIs, Availability Groups, Replication)
- PowerShell DSC & Terraform
- AzureDevops (Visual Studio Team Services). Jenkins
- AWS EC2, S3, ASGs, IAM
The following skills and experience is required:
- Degree or tertiary qualification in IT, Information Systems, Computer Science or relevant commercial experience.
- A generalist with solid experience across a range of the tech stack mentioned above
- Windows PowerShell / Scripting / Tool-making
- A great attitude and willingness to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The successful applicant will become a key member of the team and make a real difference! GRAB this opportunity while it last!
Interested? APPLY by emailing through your resume and cover letter, and find out more…
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 0452 636 086 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100581. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com