|Posted||2 months ago|
Davidson is excited to partner with one of our well respected government clients in the search of their next Senior Systems Administrator. This is a contract role that will see you through until EOFY 2021 with possibility of extension. You will perform systems administration activities within a large scale enterprise environment using a wide range of technical stacks including Splunk applications.
About the Role
- Performing system administration activities in an enterprise environment.
- The translation of business requirements into effective solutions, including significant experience in problem resolution within complex IT infrastructure and business environments.
- Providing effective systems administration, management and enhancement services to clients with reliability in meeting agreed deadlines and commitments.
- Working in accordance with organisational processes and constraints, as well as taking responsibility for accuracy, self-evaluating and seeking feedback.
- Clear, effective and proactive communication with a range of stakeholders in an environment that deals with complex infrastructure architecture and a complex customer base.
You will successfully demonstrate a high level of knowledge and experience in the following technology categories:
- Application Support for time series / big data compute platforms (Elastic / Splunk) in the context of IT Operations Management (ITOM)
- Experience with Server Support and Operating Systems (e.g. Unix Server and OS Support or Microsoft Server support)
- Application troubleshooting and debugging
A thorough level of knowledge and experience is highly desirable in two or more of the following technology categories:
- Splunk administration and implementation
- Splunk applications and addons administration and implementation
- Splunk SPL for adhoc queries, reporting and dashboarding or extensive SQL experience
- Systems monitoring, analysis and management tools. Agent-based, agentless and user monitoring (e.g. Splunk, Logstash, HPE SiteScope, other big data toolsets)
- Virtualisation, containers
- Fundamentals of Agile Development/Devops
- Data enrichment and manipulation methods
- Database connectivity/plugins and data extraction methods
- Provision of training to users on Splunk and other big data toolsets (Logstash)
- Automation Tools and process automation (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, ML or Al experience)
Get your application in today, as this role is closing soon!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2011-102054. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com