About the Company
As a newly formed Council, Cumberland wants to build a clear and progressive vision for the future. Council's new long-term Community Strategic Plan will focus on a commitment to social and cultural cohesion, the local economy, our natural and built environments and local leadership. As a member of our new organisation, you will have an opportunity to drive community outcomes, programs and services and be part of a Council focused on being innovative, inspiring and delivering change.
About the Role
Cumberland Council seeks two highly experienced Senior Strategic Planners to join its busy Strategic Planning team. Located in the geographic centre of Sydney, Cumberland is the fifth largest Council in metropolitan Sydney, and has a young and culturally diverse population, and is one of the fastest growing areas within both metropolitan Sydney and NSW. These roles will focus on a range of interesting and challenging strategic planning work, comprising major projects and assessment of complex planning proposals.
You will have extensive experience at a senior level, ideally in both local and State government. You will have exceptional communication skills and demonstrated experience in working with staff across all related professional disciplines with Council. You will also have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across a large organisation closely, with a strong focus on customer service.
You will have a strong, positive attitude, and a demonstrated ability to manage large projects and work as part of a team.
The succesful applicant will have:
- Degree in Town Planning (minimum 4 years) or equivalent, with eligibility for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA), and demonstrated ability to operate at a senior level
- Experience in urban planning, particularly the assessment and preparation of planning proposals, and demonstrated experience in application of NSW planning and associated legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply strategic planning knowledge to identify appropriate processes and techniques to solve challenging problems.
- Permanent, full-time position with 35 hours per week
- RDOs or Flex time available
- Car allowance will also be offered
- Competitive salary
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1806-89828. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com