As the Service Desk Analyst, you will be reporting to the Service Desk Coordinator and will be responsible for providing technical support to ensure effective delivery of all Help Desk services and requirements. You will also be responsible to ensure sufficient solutions are provided to the customer and that the operation of the technology helpdesk is run smoothly.
- Provide professional, responsive, timely and effective assistance to customers in resolving a range of IT related incidents and tasks, by phone and email.
- As a first point of contact, effectively manage all customer requests through to completion, communicate efficiently, regular liaison with relevant stakeholders, and the escalation of requests in relation to service level thresholds.
- Provide broad support for all Information Technology products and services
- Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues and consults with Support staff when necessary.
- Where appropriate records required customer and problem information in the Service Desk tool, updates tickets with appropriate entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Conduct regular follow ups with customers to assess the effectiveness of advice delivered.
- Works cooperatively with team members and colleagues
To be successful in the role:
- Understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating systems and email technology based on the Microsoft suite of products.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills and ensure effective working relationships with stakeholders and vendors
- Experience providing 2nd level support to end users
- Strong customer service skills demonstrating an ability to build rapport and handle difficult situations.
- Able to work independently on individual queries, while also working well within a team environment to manage competing priorities.
- PC hardware knowledge to effectively troubleshoot all components including hard drives, memory, processors, and peripheral equipment.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Maddison Glass on 03 9929 9508, quoting ref no. JO-2009-101570. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com