Davidson is excited to present a brand-new Senior Project Manager contract opportunity. This contract will see you through until 30 October 2020 with the possibility of extension. You will work closely with the development team to deliver successful ICT-enabled projects. This is an excellent opportunity to leave your mark on high profile government project work. Strong SDLC background is highly regarded.
About the Role
You will have responsibility for leading the following activities and delivery of the following project management key tasks:
- Identifying and analysing the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or business funded corporate project requirements to develop and produce strategies to ensure communication, change management and action plans are effectively applied to meet departmental strategic needs and opportunities.
- Collaborating, liaising and negotiating with vendors and external and internal stakeholders.
- Managing project teams and resources across a diverse range of project functions to undertake development, implementation, training and maintenance to agreed deliverables, contractual and budget obligations, ensuring project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets.
- Managing the progress of ICT projects including the establishment of performance indicators and the maintenance of a quality record system to meet requests for information and for statistical and planning purposes.
- Managing and prioritising the strategic and operational aspects of ICT projects including the preparation of reports, planning documentation and other communications utilising a range of communication channels and computer applications.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of quality processes, products and services, as identified through facilitating review, product analysis, client survey analysis and other research and benchmarking activities, which help establish requirements for the implementation of changes.
- Acting as an escalation point for risks and issues throughout the project and actively manage these, including, reporting, mitigation and rectification strategies.
You will successfully demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong SDLC background
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience managing Data driven projects
- Experience within ICT-enabled projects, who can closely with the development team to deliver successful outcomes
- Highly developed leadership, project/program management, multifunctional team leadership skills as demonstrated by effectiveness in achieving organisational objectives and contributing to enhanced organisational performance
- Demonstrated achievement in the design, development, implementation and application of Prince 2 methodology to ICT projects from Initiation to Closing
- At least 5-10 years Project/Program Management experience, preferably within a government organisation
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Get your application in quick as this role is closing soon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051 or email Van.Hoang@davidsonwp.com, quoting ref no. JO-2004-100109. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com