About the Company
Sydney Trains are focused on providing sustainable, efficient and cost effective services and are committed to delivering safe, reliable and clean rail services to its customers. Joining them will present an exciting opportunity for you to shape the future of rail services in Sydney. If you are keen to make a genuine difference in the lives of the people of NSW and help provide a best in class rail system, this role is for you.
About the Role
In this role you will be liasing with clients and key stakeholders to evaluate the principal, technological and systemic requirements to meet the SOW, functional specifications and achieve the project requirements including carrying out site surveys and investigations and communicating with subject matter experts. You will also be working closely with program/project managers and program planners on the prelimary and detailed scoping, intial costing and planning for project.
The succesful applicant will be responsible for:
- Handover of completed works to stakeholders including obtaining an acceptance of works
- Identify, acquire and manage all resources required for the delivery of the projects including the labour, plant, material and subcontractors to ensure project requirements are met.
- Acting as the engineering subject matter expert on numerous projects, solving complex technical issues
- Balance work on assigned projects as well as allowing time to advise and mentor Project Engineers.
To be succesful in this role you will have tertiary qualifications in civil engineering as well as substantial experience in project delivery and engineering works within a rail envirionment.
You will also need:
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders to achieve client satisfaction
- Substantial experience in providing civil engineering advice and support
- Demonstrated experience in project management support
- Demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of relevant standards such as Australian Engineering and Technical standards.
- Demonstrated mentoring experience providing technical leadership and guidance to colleagues.
Competitive daily rate for the right candidate and a great opportunity for career progression and solidifying your leadership skills and seniority.
152 hours per month. This role may require weekend work, as per Sydney Trains EA conditions & rostering guidelines.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Kat Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1807-90067. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com