|Posted||about 2 months ago|
Davidson is pleased to Partner with the University of Queensland in presenting this opportunity.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia's leading research and teaching institutions. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
Strategic Program Office
The University operates in a rapidly changing environment within a global marketplace, where institutions strive for higher levels of excellence and reputation.
Within this context, the Strategic Program Office ensures the successful delivery of major programs through a Program Assurance Framework that delivers:
Structured governance and program management, deep understanding of end-user business requirements, effective change management and development of integrative solutions with our stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Program Office Program, the Senior Program Manager will lead the planning and project management of transformative Human Capital Management Solutions, which are aligned with, and fundamental for, supporting the University Strategy. This will specifically include the delivery of the payroll and workforce management components and the associated change programs, as well as working closely with Business Units in the implementation of the initiatives.
Your objectives will include:
- Work closely with business units and senior stakeholders to plan and define scopes of work.
- Conduct financial analysis and budget planning, identifying key financial risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Produce clear and succinct reports, presentations, business cases, blueprints, implementation plans and project plans.
- Project Management:
- Coordinate and lead system related project development and delivery within the jurisdiction of the Strategic Program Office.
- Develop and maintain project plans and schedules.
- Administer and organise project documents to ensure tracking, activity status and version control.
- Ensure fit for purpose governance forums are embedded into project work.
- Coordinate and lead project meetings (including team meetings, Stakeholder workshops, events and other activities) in conjunction with SPO Program Coordinators.
- Participate in other program and project activities, including: supporting change and communications, resourcing, recruitment and/or finance.
- Communication and stakeholder engagement:
- Lead a team that is responsible for the development and implementation of communication and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Support senior leaders and business units in preparing for and adopting change.
- Ensure you are aware of and comply with legislation and University policy relevant to the duties undertaken
You can demonstrate significant successful Program Management experience, and operational excellence in ICT Program / Projects execution, executive stakeholder management and vendor / contract management. You achieve your results through the patient development and management of a committed team.
Your skills and experience also include:
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Substantial experience and a track record of delivering strategic IT or System related projects in similar large and complex organisations.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret complex data, apply rigorous logic and sound business judgement and integrated thinking in improving processes and providing solutions.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster strong collaborative relationships and stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Expert communication, influencing and negotiating skills with demonstrated experience of engaging effectively with stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated experience with financial reporting, tracking and administration of project budgets, and forecasts.
- Experience with leading and managing small teams in a project context.
- Current knowledge of Payroll / HCM Systems and vendors.
- Commensurate with the Values of the University, exemplify credibility and accountability with the outstanding personal qualities of openness, respectfulness and integrity and a commitment to equity, diversity and collaboration.
This is a Maximum Term Contract position through to 24 December 2022, and a further term may be offered. All of the normal benefits of a full-time employee are available during this period.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate including 17% superannuation. Remuneration will be subject to periodic review. Leave entitlements include 4 weeks annual leave, up to 10 days personal leave and up to 5 days carer's leave. Other terms and conditions of employment may be negotiated.
A full position description is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Gerry Deakin on 0407 758 629, quoting ref no. JO-2102-102984. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com