Davidson is excited to present a brand-new Senior Network Engineer contract opportunity with one of our well-respected government clients. This role will see you through until the EOFY 2021 with possibility of extension. You will join a talented team to work on one of the largest virtualised networks in Australia. You will leave your mark on several complex projects that utilise new and emerging technologies.
About the Role As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the following,
- Efficient analysis of current state networking implementations across sites varying in size from small (single user) to very large (thousands of users);
- Modification of current state as-built design materials to reflect a desired 'to-be' state in line with newly updated network design standards and equipment types;
- Development of bill of materials to guide a third-party vendor in building of network equipment for shipment to sites and subsequent installation;
- Development of 'soft' network equipment configurations in line with the desired 'to-be' state for staging by third party vendors or for remote deployment via Element Management Systems;
- Development of detailed implementation plans and test cases where necessary to inform the required steps to cutover efficiently with minimum disruption to business operations;
- Active participation in on-site cutovers of network equipment replacing obsolete network equipment;
- Provision of remote support and trouble-shooting for site cutovers where required;
- Update of network design materials where necessary to reflect final 'as-built' configurations (post implementation);
- Development and test of new network-related deployment 'capabilities' if required;
- Record-keeping to ensures an accurate register of high value assets and their whereabouts can be maintained;
- Staging and testing of equipment to specification where required; and
- Update of Enigma/Netbox records pertaining to site infrastructure where required.
You will bring with yourself,
- Experience in the programming and deployment of multi-vendor networking equipment (Cisco routers and Juniper and Cisco switches);
- Demonstrated proficiency in some or all of the following the switching and routing protocols and related technologies:
o OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, VRF-lite, VLAN o DMVPN,
o Quality of Service,
o Spanning Tree,
o EtherChannel (LACP), VRRP, HSRP o Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- Strong problem-solving skills in relation to the resolution of network-related technical issues especially when under pressure;
- Ability to work effectively with third party vendors (equipment manufacturers, integrators) in the delivery of project outcomes.
Desirable skills and experience
Whilst not mandatory, every bit of skills/ experience in the following will be highly regarded:
- Experience with Juniper, Cisco networking equipment (MAN and WAN routers and switches);
- Minimum of 3 years 'hands-on' experience in a network design and implementation role within an operationally complex organisation;
- Minimum of CCNA or vendor equivalent network design proficiency;
- Experienced in the operation of Network Element or Network Management Systems (Junos Space, Enigma);
- Design and implementation of site MAN and WAN connectivity using Telstra, Optus, NBN and dark fibre services;
- Provisioning of LAN Access Control (802.1X, MAB) from both a design and implementation (roll-out) context;
- Knowledge of Service Levels and Service Level Agreements as applied to critical network infrastructure;
- Handover of network-related project materials into operational support environments;
- Previous experience in large scale ICT Projects and Programs;
- Experience in delivery and co-ordination of projects with large numbers of client sites;
- Meticulous record keeping developing and maintaining an accurate register of assets and their whereabouts;
- Change management experience particularly in an ITIL environment;
- High-level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Visio.
- Experience with IP telephony and SIP trunk carriage solutions.
Get your application in quick as this role is closing soon.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com