About the Company
I am working with a client who is seeking a highly experienced Senior Java Developer with strong DevOps & AWS experience to contribute towards the success of their Digital Program.
About the Role
Design, develop, deploy, maintain, support and enhance highly available web applications and Microservices as part of high performing software engineering team working in the large scale Agile DevOps model.
- Apply responsive design principles to implement and customize user interfaces and views using web development technologies such as AngularJs, NodeJs, Springboot and Java
- Design, develop and apply customizations and scripts to implement new features for end users using the best practices for the e-commerce platform
- Applies the knowledge of automation and integration options on ecommerce platform to meet the needs of end users
- Design and build scalable Microservices and REST APIs hosted on the cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services or Pivotal Cloud Foundry to the standards to expose business capabilities for internal and external consumers
- Work to a backlog of stories and tasks prioritised by the product owner and share a team level common understanding of the customer needs, product goals and design decisions
- Improve time to market by using the existing CI/CD tools for self-managed deployment of new software version with zero down time, fast recovery, very low failure rate.
- Be able to understand and update CI/CD automation build and deployment scripts to support a continuous integration and deployment process for the team.
- Diagnose, de-bug and analyse production incidents, performance issues, load analysis and assist in capacity modelling
- View, analyse and use real time application usage and performance data available on the dashboards and apply the learnings to improve customer experience, error rate, security, application performance
- Provide technical input into effort estimation, impact assessment, application requirements with respect to functional, security, integration, performance, quality, and operations requirements.
- Report to the team leads on progress, blockers, priority conflicts, potential issues and concerns.
- Mentor junior resources by pair programming, tech talks and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Thrive in creating a simple yet brilliant experiences and solutions that address customer needs. Possess strong ability in identifying & researching root causes, exploring data and reviewing the context to pinpoint problems.
- Possess strong developer level experience in Amazon Web Services and Pivotal Cloud Foundry with specific ability to configure, deploy and manage applications hosted on these cloud platforms. Have developed web user interface or customize existing user interfaces on ecommerce platform using advanced skills in AngularJs, Java & NodeJs.
- 12-Factor Principle in Microservices is your go-to.
- Worked in DevOps and Scrum environments.
- Leverage test automation and applies relevant testing practices such as continuous integration and test driven development to continually test software as part of development.
- Enjoy creating efficiencies: have a deep understanding of platform architecture and technology in the areas of Cloud native and you strive to monitor, diagnose issues and improve over time to improve performance and integration.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Vaz on 045 882 2849, quoting ref no. JO-2006-100681. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com