|Posted||19 days ago|
Hot off the press, we are excited to present this excellent Senior Information Security Analyst opportunity with one of our well respected government clients. This is an initial 3 month contract with a high chance of extension. You will work within a high performing team of architects and security practitioners, and report to the Head of Information Security. You will ensure the continuous operation of the IT systems and provide oversight of security incident response, environment changes and gerneral compliance activities. This is an exciting opportunity to accelerate your career whilst leaving your mark on high profile government project work.
About the Role
- Engage and coordinate relevant parties to ensure incidents are managed and resolved as per internal processes.
- Compile and maintain a full set of incident response playbooks aligned with internal incident and emergency response plans and procedures. Complete regular reviews occur to ensure currency.
- Drive information security outcomes by being an authoritative information source for other employees.
- Lead and manage 3rd party suppliers to ensure accurate and timely execution of changes to the security environment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the annual compliance calendar to ensure 3rd party suppliers of security services are meeting internal security requirements.
- Collect and compile supporting information to assist the Head of Information Security to undertake security metrics reporting.
- Identify and escalate any information security risks and develop treatment plans to mitigate these risks.
- Assist in the execution of the annual penetration testing program, including coordinating risk assessments and the remediation activities for Medium and High Risk findings.
- Assist with the assessment and evaluation of the adequacy of the existing security controls for information and technology systems and make recommendations to management for improvement.
- Enhance department and organisation reputation by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors and outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Manage technical services and solutions such as firewalls, web gateways, email security solutions and DNS solutions where appropriate.
- Extensive experience within an operational information security team as a technical resource.
- Good understanding of the latest industry standards and threat landscape.
- Demonstrated experience in the embedding and execution of information security strategies and processes in mid-to-large size organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorisation methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and understanding of the major trends, and legislative and governance frameworks related to information security, with the capacity to successfully adopt them.
- The ability to articulate information security and privacy technical issues in a non-threatening and clear/actionable manner to non-technical leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and understanding of security implications of IT/OT integration.
- Detailed understanding of SaaS and Cloud platforms including authentication methods and security monitoring of these environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or degree pertinent to technology or equivalent experience.
- CISSP and/or CCSP qualification(s) desirable.
- Working knowledge of ITIL, information privacy legislation, ISO2700x.
If this sounds like you, get your application in today for an immediate review.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Van Hoang on 07 3023 1051, quoting ref no. JO-2101-102427. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com