This listed services business has a requirement for Senior Financial Accountant to assist them over a busy period. The role is based in North Queensland and accommodation will be provided.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the role will provide assistance for 6 months, and will involve supervising three direct reports.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing financial statements and profit and loss accounts
- Overseeing the work of two direct reports in the Accounts Payable team
- Managing the full month end process and production of draft set of accounts
- Posting of journals, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Monitoring spending, costs and budgets
- Tax-Effect Accounting
- Forecasting and planning future spending and profits
- Recommending ways to reduce costs
- Providing external auditors with company reports and financial data
- Fully qualified accountant CA/CPA (or equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to work regionally and use the time to explore our great state.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Michael Donnelly on 07 3023 1092, quoting ref no. JO-2008-101056. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com