|Posted||20 days ago|
About the Company
A diversified high profile mining services business is looking to secure a dedicated Financial Accountant to partner with several business units across the local office. This is a temporary position with a view to go permanent.
Due to an internal project, an opportunity exists for an experienced Financial Accountant to work with stakeholders across this diversified organisation. This is a business facing role in which you will support internal stakeholders and will be expected to build strong relationships across several divisions.
About the Role
- Preparation of annual financial statements including preparation of associated work papers and reconciliations
- Utilise relevant information management technology and financial systems to monitor, investigate, analyse and report on compliance issues, general ledger integrity issues and implement the necessary measures to ensure accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare Legal and related party disclosures
- Prepare annual financial statements (AFS) variance analysis
- Develop key month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Demonstrated ability in project management and working to agreed deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the application of accounting standards, legislation, contemporary financial management practices and policies.
- Ability to provide advice to senior management and other stakeholders and in the development of policies, procedures and reporting mechanisms with the goal of achieving compliance.
- Extensive experience in financial and asset accounting operations and statutory reporting environments including extensive preparation of Annual Financial Statements.
- Project management skills in the context of planning and organisation and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be CA / CPA qualified (mandatory)
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Jenny Prince on 07 3023 1044, quoting ref no. JO-2101-102451. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com