About the Company
Operating as one of Australia's largest infrastructure providers, this organisation exists to facilitate sustainable, seamless and responsive access to meet demands of Australian and Global markets. With redeployment on a number of business wide improvement initiatives, the opportunity has arisen for a technically proficient and senior Accounting leader to join the team to assist the Financial Controller in leading and directing the finance team, delivering high quality and customer service focused financial advice to the organisation.
About the Role
The primary objective of the role will be to ensure the provision of strategic advice and accurate timely financial information to the Board. This will be a hands on role that will require you to also take an active lead in assisting with the day to day activities of the wider team and provide advice on technical accounting issues. Furthermore your role will require:
- Oversight of financial management and accounting and tax issues, with the ability to provide advice to influence business decisions
- Accurate preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards
- Oversee the Budget process
- Support governance initiatives through the review of polices, practices and procedures
- Provide technical support to the transactional and reporting team and assist with the preparation of note disclosures to the financial statements
To be successful in the role you will have experience in a similar role and a proven track record in the being part of a financial reporting function in a commercial organisation. It is essential for you to be CA/CPA qualified and have an excellent understanding of accounting standards working in a highly regulated environment. Your most recent role will see you being the lead on the provision of financial advice on the impacts of various Accounting standards on operations and see you have taken the lead on Audit and Budget management processes. Ideally you will come from a logistics, infrastructure or energy generation organisation with an appreciation for accounting for large asset bases.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Karen Ireland on 07 3023 1026, quoting ref no. JO-2002-99370. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com