The Royal Australasian College of Physicians connects, represents and educates over 17,500 Physicians and 7,500 trainee Physicians in Australia and New Zealand. They provide accredited specialist training to doctors and advocate for healthcare policies that promote the interests of their profession, patients and communities.
The Senior Executive Officer, Adult Medicine Division leads a small team that provides secretariat support for the Adult Medicine Division Council and its Committees as well as the Australasian Chapter of Addiction Medicine (AChAM), the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine (AChPM) and the Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine (AChSHM). The Division acts as the governing professional body for adult medicine physicians, providing collegial support and guidance on policy development, professional development, advocacy and networking.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area, for e.g. management, education or health and/or extensive equivalent experience
- Extensive experience across either the Government and/or Health sectors
- Proven track record in providing secretariat services and high level committee management.
- Excellent written communication skills and eye for detail, with the ability to prepare high quality submissions, reports and papers
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement, particularly in matters of political sensitivity and strict confidentiality
Working Together as One
In return for your commitment the College offers you the chance to join a prestigious international organisation. As an educational body, the College encourages its employees to continue their education through our professional development and internal training opportunities. Employees of the College also receive access to a range of benefits, including additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year and paid parental leave.
Please submit a resume and brief covering letter (maximum two pages) which details your skill and experience relevant to the role. For further information, please contact Chris Morrison from Davidson Executive & Boards on (02) 8093 0632.