|Posted||2 months ago|
About the Company
Davidson is delighted to be partnering with the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority to recruit a Senior ETCS Engineer. The Cross River Rail Deliver Authority (CRRDA) will deliver a new 10.2 kilometre rail line running from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River and CBD.
Cross River Rail will unlock the bottleneck at the core of the South East Queensland rail network, allowing more trains to run more often and integrating with new roads and bus services to enable a turn up and go transport system for the whole region.
It is a critical public transport infrastructure project which will improve our quality of life, help our economy keep growing, generate thousands of jobs, and activate urban development.
The Role Overview
This is an exciting and pivotal role within this highly significant, city-shaping project.
The Senior ETCS Signalling Engineer is responsible for ensuring the engineering interface and requirements meet the needs of the ETCS Project and enable a successful integration into other delivery authority packages and existing rail infrastructure.
The role reports into the Systems Engineering Manager and is a key role within a small team performing interface management, configuration and systems engineering.
The Role Responsibilities
- Contribute to and support ETCS system engineering activities to provide on time delivery of feasibly, outline and detailed design of ETCS schemes.
- Interface with other key disciplines involved in delivering these services including: rollingstock, conventional signalling, train control and traffic management systems, railway communications, all forms of traction, permanent way, systems engineering, performance modelling and asset management.
- Provide input into system engineering plans and processes to cover requirements management, systems evaluation, systems acceptance, interface management, systems integration, system assurance and RAMS.
- Review contractor submissions and assess compliance against ETCS standards and project requirements.
- Represent the Delivery Authority when witnessing site integration testing and acceptance activities.
- Foster close relationships within the Delivery Authority team, Queensland Rail and contracting parties.
This position requires the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience in implementing, specifying and designing ETCS train control systems in a fast paced project environment.
- Experience in preparing systems engineering management plans, covering requirements management, assurance and interface management.
- Strong Project Management experience, working closely with Government and Commercial partners.
- A motivated and passionate rail professional with strong communication skills and great team focus.
- Capability designing or analysing system architectures, familiar with TOGAF or similar methodology.
- Experience estimating and monitoring costs for ETCS signal engineering activities on major rail projects.
This role represents an outstanding opportunity to join one of the most impactful projects in the history of public transport in Queensland and to ensure the successful implementation of leading-edge technology into the rail sector.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Stephen Veness on 07 3023 1000, quoting ref no. JO-2010-101841. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com