|Posted||about 1 month ago|
About the Company
This organisation is a Western Sydney based, family owned success story. It is dedicated to the design and construction of customised homes with focus on innovation and quality. The owners demonstrate clear pride in being a boutique builder who service clients looking for more than than a mainstream option. The quality of workmanship, customer service, and customisation services provide for a unique builder and client relationship that ensures the design, tender, and construction of their homes is unsurpassed for quality and design.
About the Role
As a boutique builder with a small team of staff, the Senior Estimator role will develop your exposure to the daily operation and management of the business, beyond the confines of the typical Estimator position.
This is a broad ranging role with responsibilities as required, to directly or indirectly facilitate sales, design, estimating, tender, contracting, and construction of the homes produced.
- Review, implementation, co-ordination, and management of Construction Management software to facilitate estimating, purchase orders, Job Cost controls, Production reporting, etc
- Management of rates / pricing / cost codes database
- Detailed quantity takeoffs and tender procurement as required in collation and preparation of BOQ summaries to enable sales and production tendering on home designs.
- Estimating ability from a 'first principals' basis.
- Sales / Production tender preparation
- Tender presentations to clients with the Company Director.
- Liaison with clients directly where necessary
- Managing / sourcing suppliers, contractors, consultants in their provision of our requirements.
- Negotiating suppler and subcontractor agreements, their terms, rates, etc
- Checking supplier and contractor rates against market movements and trends.
- Co-ordination of subcontractor / supplier quotes where required in preparation of BOQ for projects.
- Preparation and ongoing maintenance
- Preparation and issue of purchase orders for subcontractors, suppliers, and consultants as required for each job, with detailed scope of works included.
- Invoice assessments, coding, and approvals (liaison with supervisor as required)
- Administration of back charges where required
- Variation quantification / pricing as required
In addition to the above Estimating responsibilities, with appropriate experience and abilities, your involvement in broader aspects of the business will be welcomed, including:
- Working directly with Company Directors, consultants, and clients through the Custom Design Process in evolution of new homes.
- Involvement with Company Directors and clients as we work through Budget Analysis Reviews and feasibility assessments of our client's new home requirements.
- Assessment of new or alternate materials / construction methodologies against items or processes currently implemented.
- Assessment of evolving home designs for construction efficiency, construction detailing issues, or design improvements available.
- Inputs on standard job specifications, and alternate options that may be suited to new or evolving designs.
- Site inspections for quality assurance checking of materials and workmanship as performed on site. (liaison with the Site Supervisor)
- Assistance with design evolution inputs for new standard designs and their layout and façade options. (liaison with Company Directors)
- Agenda preparation and chairing of regular production meetings
- Construction detailing where required (liaison with Supervisor)
- You have a CV that demonstrates obvious expertise as a Senior Estimator.
- A proactive and assertive attitude is required.
- A 'can do' attitude that goes the extra mile to get things done.
- Being able to autonomously assess, prioritise, and action tasks at hand without constant supervision.
- Working to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and consistency is crucial part of the job.
- A tertiary qualification in a Construction related field (Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Engineering) would be ideal.
- A trade qualification and on site construction experience would be a bonus.
- Written and verbal communication skills must be at a high level.
- This role requires extensive experience in the management, implementation, and administration of the software and IT systems associated with new home construction.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office and general computer competence must be at a high level.
- Drivers licence and your own car are a mandatory requirement as site visits and external meetings are often required.
- This is a role that will allow you to develop your leadership skills beyond Estimating, working directly for the MD.
- You will join a company that values its employees highly, working in a close team environment.
- Car Parking available.
- Groceries for lunch / snacks provided
- Generous salary package: depending on experience likely $120,000-130,000 including super.
- To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only.
- Your CV will be reviewed by Christian Bloomfield.
- If you would like to follow-up on your CV submission please call 02 8093 0602.
- Ref no. JO-2102-102714.