Our client is one Australia's leading award winning construction companies who continue to lead the way delivering diverse, innovative commercial projects. Joining this business you will be part of a culture that is supportive, engaging and rewarding, while working in a fast paced environment.
Investing in their employees is a priority for this business where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
With continued growth and project wins, our client is currently seeking an experienced Estimator (Quantity Surveyor) to join their new Canberra team.
To ensure success you will bring to the business your proven success delivering projects in Commercial Construction and Fit-out
The main duties and tasks as an Estimator Will be supporting the Director and PM's while managing the D&C estimation and tender process:
- Prepare tenders
- Measure and price builder's quantities
- Manage tender documentation
- Liaise with other professionals
- Source Subcontractor and Supplier quotes and prices
- Analyse data relating to land, buildings or construction
- Follow due diligence in interpreting the cost implications of tender documentation
- Undertake value engineering exercises
To be considered for this role you should have the following:
- IT competency especially in MS suites including Excel (Advanced), Buildsoft Cubit, CostX & OST.
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined.
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude
- Commercial project experience including Fit-Out and Refurb
Qualifications and Skills preferred:
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveying) or related field
- A minimum of 2 years post-graduation construction cost estimating experience
- Experience measuring new build Apartment projects
- Familiarity with on screen take-off systems and various estimating software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in word format. If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Tom Hitchcock on 02 8093 0610, quoting ref no. JO-1803-88117. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com