About the Role
Assessment of a wide range of statutory planning applications, pre-lodgement applications, signing of consents under delegated authority, preparation of planning and development assessment reports, where required participate in preliminary assessment of lodged applications with other assessment staff, provide technical comments on referrals
from other sections within and outside the department and other statutory authorities, mentoring junior staff, attendance to Planning Panel meetings, CIHAP meetings and Land & Environment Court matters.
On top of relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. town planning) the succesful candidate will have:
- Extensive practical experience in development assessment under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act including assessment of highly complex development matters.
- Sound practical understanding of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act,and other relevant legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Superior ability to resolve complex planning issues with applicants for development and excellent customer service skills.
- Class C Driver's Licence
It would also be desirable to have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Local Government computer systems
- Familiarity with the Building Code of Australia
- Experience presenting to Planning Panels
- Supervisory and organisational experience within local government.
On top of a highly compeititve salary, a leaseback vehicle and a great opportunity for work life balance with 70 hour fortnights.
Not quite right? We also have opportunities available from mid-level up to director level. Whether your expertise lies in road, rail, transport, development, design, maintenance or asset management we have a selection of roles in both public and private sector available for you.
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). If you would like to have a confidential discussion, please contact Katherine Fry on 02 8093 0629, quoting ref no. JO-1806-89832. Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com