Davidson is excited to present two exiciting contract roles with one of our well-respected government client in Brisbane. Our client is urgently seeking 1x Principal Database Administrator and 1x Senior Database Administrator to join their team on an initial 6 month contract. This is an excellent opportunity to boost your career in a senior role whilst leaving your mark on high profile government project work.
About the Role
As a senior member in the team, you will,
- Plan and manage the implementation and migration of physical and virtual servers.
- Plan and manage implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for designing and implementing Virtual and Storage solutions.
- Support virtual and storage environments that operate 24 hours by 7 day operations with high availability.
- Support the introduction and use of techniques, methodologies and tools to match overall current and future business requirements.
- Analyse and resolve system issues within a complex ICT infrastructure environment.
- This position is required to perform some duties after-hours on a scheduled basis.
- This position is required to perform on-call support after hours via participation in a 24x7 support roster.
You will successfully demonstrate skills and experience in the following,
- Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 and/or Oracle 10G, 11G, 12G
- High Level of knowledge and experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Monitoring/Alerting (SCOM 2012)
- Performance Collection/Analysis (MS PerfMon)
- Windows PowerShell
- Database Design and Modelling
- Operating Systems (MS Windows Server 2008/2012, RedHat Linux)
- Managing Databases on AWS and/or Azure
- Microsoft SQL 2014
- SQL Server Analysis Services and Reporting Services (SSAS & SSRS)
- Experience in configuring and supporting backup and restore systems
- Powershell or server build automation
- A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Computer Science is highly regarded
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. Get your application in quick as this role is closing soon!
To apply, click the link and upload your current resume in Microsoft Word format only (.doc or .docx). Want to know more about Davidson? Visit us at www.davidsonwp.com